- Learn State Machines
Learn State Machines
Heads up! This course is a bit dated right now, but don't worry! A new version has been written and will be recorded following the release of XState v5. Upgrades to Learn State Machines v2 will be free for anyone who has already purchased the course.
What you will learn
- What are state machines and statecharts?
- How can I leverage statecharts to build complex, modern web applications?
- What do statecharts give me that other state management tools do not?
- How can I approach refactoring my applications to use statecharts?
- How do I test statecharts?
About this course
In this course, we take an application called Photobook from mockup to working application.
The app has many of the features that you would expect to find in apps today: authentication, data fetching, CRUD actions, automated tests, and more. Using xstate and react-automata, you will cover all of the important features of statecharts: parallel states, hierarchical states, history states, and guards.
I believe this course will be particularly useful to developers who are:
- Frustrated by the difficulty of maintaining complex state in your applications
- Backend developers interested in front-end state management
- Getting setup05:43
- Setting up Firebase02:20
- xstate and react-automata03:25
- State machines and statecharts05:39
- Hierarchical machines06:06
- Parallel machines03:16
- Actions and guards03:50
- History states03:24
- Collaborating with designers03:52
- Breaking down designs06:59
- Global authentication states07:27
- User registration10:07
- User login06:48
- Fetching data07:20
- Writing data04:23
- Testing statecharts04:43